Nance Lane, Churchtown, Illogan, Redruth TR16 4BB
The Playground Years Project began in earnest in September 2014 when we accessed historical documents covering The School’s early years (1862 to 1929), held by The Cornwall Records Office in Truro.
Since then, we have been given copies of photographs from local collectors of historical items and a collection of school photos and press clippings compiled by Mr. Stone, Headmaster until the 1960s. Mr. Stone’s collection, which includes class group photos, staff photos and pictures of the May Day celebrations has been loaned to us by Mary Mills, his daughter.
In October 2014, as part of The Old School Centre’s relaunch, an exhibition of photographs and documents gathered so far were displayed in the Centre.
What we have so far spans the period 1842 to the 1970’s but we need YOU to fill in the gaps.
We are setting up a Photo Archive of images of the Old School as well as an Oral History Archive.
We have filmed a 5 minute trailer advertising the Playground Years Project and aim to produce a 20 minute documentary in the future.